Tuesday, November 1, 2011

H-A-DOUBLE L- DOUBLE U- DOUBLE E-N

I am not sure how or why but the pumpkin carving got procrastinated to Halloween day so we were in crunch time to get them done. (I am not sure why I felt that pumpkins MUST be carved for Halloween, but I did) And, I thought Sadie would think it was so fun.
Basically the following pictures are a big fat lie! (is that an oxymoron?) I had the camera ready for Sadie's first foray into the pumpkin. It was also her last.  Exact  Quote: "Ewwww! It is too yucky! You do it mom. I am going to go watch the care bear movie, OK?"

So, while Sadie was care bearing I furiously carved. **Sigh** Perhaps next year it will be a fun family activity.



Near the end of September Sadie saw a fairy costume and totally wigged out because she wanted it. I stalled on the purchase, and good thing too because between then and now she also wanted to be a number of different princesses, a bumble bee, a pirate, a dinosaur, a kitty and a cowgirl. Lat week we finally settled on a witch ("The Good Kind, OK Mom?") thanks in large part to the witch lawn decorations in our neighborhood. This is my interpretation of a good witch. And of course, she needed a black cat so Alyssa filled the role.






I was on door duty while Ryan took Sadie out. We were prepared for about 100 trick-or-treaters. We got about 15. Ryan took ALOT of candy to work today to add to the communal candy bowl. However, the low number of kids in our neighborhood means Sadie totally scored some loot. Our neighborhood is full of Grandmas who handed out full size candy bars and capri suns, of course they were tied up in cute Halloween bags and tied with ribbon. I guess when you only get 15 kids at your door it is easy to do stuff like that. Is it surprising to anyone that she asked for candy for breakfast?


HAPPY HALLOWEEN

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Cutest witch I've ever seen!

Doug said...

Awww such cute pictures!! You did a great job making Sadie into a "good" witch. Very cute costume. She looks darling in it!

Doug said...

That was Mariah, btw... Didn't realize I was logged in as Doug.

Alisha Bowling said...

How adorable! And I think I want to come trick-or-treating in your neighboorhood! :) PS....I'm pretty sure you have the cutest little witch and cat out there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails