Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Very Happy Un-Birthday!

6 months until cake smashing day! And 6 months behind us. Where does the time go? This year is flying by way too fast. So, here are the stats as of Alyssa's 6 month check up:
Height: 25"  29% (see I told you she wouldn't stay in the 67th percentile for long)
Weight: 14lbs 6oz 23%
Head: 16.5" 39%

As you saw from the last post Alyssa took up rolling over again right around her 5 month mark. She is now rolling all over the place - across rooms, under beds and tables, everywhere. She sees somewhere she wants to go and then she goes! She often throws her head backwards to try and roll away when she is being held and gets frustrated when we don't let her go.

I am ok with the rolling. It is the crawling I am dreading...and that doesn't seem to be more than a few months away. She can get her knees up underneath herself, she just hasn't figured out how to push up on her arms yet. Let's all hope it takes her awhile to figure that out.

Aly also started sitting up on her own right around 5 months. She is pretty steady now. She has also learned how to tip herself over softly when she wants to lay down and start rolling again.

Alyssa celebrated her 6 month birthday by cutting a new tooth! That's right. She has her first little tooth peeking out. It is her lower front tooth. She has not been her usual happy self for about 2 weeks and I wondered if it was a tooth, but the dr. said she didn't see any signs of teething. I guess she was wrong. I am glad that little tooth poked through and now I can have my happy baby back again.

She also celebrated by starting on fruits and veggies! Yea! She was excited about that. OK, not so excited for the veggies, but she sure does love her fruit. Her first food was carrots. Dislike. Then Sweet Potatoes.She liked those slightly better than carrots. Next Peas. HATE!!! (ha ha) She isn't crazy about bananas, but she will eat them. She likes Applesauce. And she Loves, Loves, Loves strawberries. She hasn't been too thrilled about her cereal lately. She usually loves it, so I am wondering if her appetite is just down from teething or if her taste horizons have expanded beyond that nasty looking cereal :).



Smiles even after carrots

Can you spy Sadie in this photo? She hides when I want to take her picture, but sneaks into all of Alyssa's

Alyssa still plays with her feet pretty often, but her fingers and hands have replaced her feet as her favorite toy. She likes to pull on her fingers, suck on her fingers, and flap her arms really fast like a little bird.

Bath time is still a daily favorite, followed closely by laughing at the antics of her big sister.

Strangers are a new fear of hers. She gets really upset if someone she doesn't know tries to pick her up or gets too close to her face. This is not so great in the process of trying to be able to leave her with babysitters, but we are working on it. She does ok when I leave her at the daycare at gym as long as they leave her in her car seat. If they get her out and try to hold her she goes ballistic.

So yeah. That is what our little bug is up to these days. We love her bunches and bunches. And we might be partial, but we think she is pretty cute.

Here are some more pics.
5 months - sitting

5 months - tummy


6 months - gotta love those cheeks!

6 months

2 comments:

Brooke said...

She is adorable! You and Ryan should consider having kids professionally. :) You sure make em' cute and I would definitely pay for one.

Lisa Marie said...

@Brooke: Thanks! But, choose any random day of the week and there is a good chance I would give one of them to you! (well, at least let you borrow them for a few hours) They are cute, but also a handful :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails