Friday, June 26, 2009

See F.A.S.T. Run

So...Ryan's work is having a competition this summer to see which project site can run the most races. They have named it "See FAST Run." In order to be a part of the competition you have to commit to run at least 3 races this summer.
My first inclination was that somebody up at headquarters is trying to cut down on health care costs. I can just see them twiddling their thumbs, "How do I get computer geeks to exercise...hhmmm....dilema!" Now, I am not sure what the winning prize is going to be, but I am assuming it is either free booze and food or expensive electronics because the Utah Fasties are taking this competition pretty seriously.

Ryan asked me if I wanted to join in on the fun and I thought, what the heck. We ran our first 5k race last Saturday (my second this summer). And it turned out to be really fun. The race was called "Fill the Ark" put on by Heifer International which is an organization that helps endangered animals. We started running at Wasatch Jr. high then past Skyline High School through the surrounding neighborhoods and back to our starting location.
I didn't end up doing as well as last time, but not as bad as I expected considering we had just gotten back from Puerto Rico (a.k.a. we had done nothing but lie on the beach for 2 weeks) and there were some pretty significant hills on the trail. I finished in 31:05.
Ryan did amazingly well considering he did not one single training session before the race AND he ran with Sadie and the jogging stroller which adds about 25 extra pounds. He finished in 38:17.
Headed to the starting line...feeling good...Ryan running at such an incredible speeds his race number is blowing in the wind

2 1/2 mile marker...Pretty sure I am going to die!!!


Want to see something super nerdy? This is me taking my own picture whilst running. Ha ha


Run, Forest, Run!...Ryan racing to the finish line




Ryan crossing the finish line. He said he let that girl beat him cause there were people cheering for her. Whatever, Ry.

Team FAST

Our next race is tomorrow. We have decided to take it down a notch and only do a one mile run. Hey, we still get a t-shirt and that is what counts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails