Thursday, July 22, 2010

Road Trip

We decided to be brave this week and attempted our first major road trip with the sadester. We had planned to leave Tuesday night around 5pm. I had visions of Ryan pulling into the driveway at 5 and Sadie and me waiting for him on the doorstep with our bags all packed and everything ready to go. ha ha. maybe someday I will be ready to go on time, but not this day!

So... we ended up leaving around 8pm We left at night with hopes that Sadie would sleep for most of the drive. Did Not Happen! Although, she was pretty happy for most of the drive. She was happy chillin' in the back seat, watching her movies (thank you Hoopers for the dvd player. You saved our lives!!!) and munching on her snacks.We got to Las Vegas around 2am mst and spent the night at the Las Vegas Hilton Casino.

Thankfully, Sadie let us sleep in until 10 the next morning! Of course, we couldn't leave Vegas without showing Sadie the strip, so we took a little drive down Las Vegas Blvd. I think Sadie was impressed. I enjoyed all of the Thunder From Down Under billboards :) And Ryan enjoyed reading a history of Las Vegas to all of us...did you know Las Vegas was founded by mormon bankers and the mafia??? Ha Ha. those mormons...

Anyhoo, we took the rest of the trip pretty slow and stopped pretty frequently. Sadie was a trooper even though I am pretty sure she never wants to get back into her car seat ever again. She did better than I thought she would with the drive, but the dvd player, books, food and toys didn't hold her attention as well as I had hoped.

The heat didn't help anything. Thank goodness for AIR CONDITIONING!!! We passed the world's biggest thermometer. It said 108 degrees. But, when we got to Barstow the temp was a blistering 113 degrees! My flip flops started melting to the asphalt as we walked into the McDonalds (which, by the way, does not sell $1 drinks in 113 degree weather) and I think Sadie started melting too because she only made it half way through the parking lot before she needed to be carried.













All in all a successful adventure I think. We are enjoying San Diego and are headed off to Sea World today. I am excited!

1 comment:

Nicole S said...

Road trip to Vegas and California?!! Cool! I know EXACTLY what you mean about the melting flip flops. Growing up in Vegas, I remember going to my car to get to early morning seminary and already feeling hot...at 6am!!! It can get ridiculous. I love how Vegas was founded by Mormons and Mafia. Many people say that the mafia is still heavily involved with the casinos and stuff. Not sure I believe that, but I don't stick my nose into that stuff too deep to find out anyway. So glad your trip went well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails