I honestly don't remember what we did to celebrate, except for the fact that we spent way too much money on each other's gifts.
I had been scouring the classifieds for a patio set and I was getting extremely irritated that Ryan was not enthusiastic about any of the sets I found and was always coming up with an excuse for why a particular set wouldn't work. It never even crossed my mind that he might be getting me a new patio set for our anniversary. It finally made sense when I opened my present. I HEART my patio set. I love summer evenings!
If you have noticed that Ryan has been looking especially cool these last few months it is because I got him an awesome new pair of sunglasses. They even have his prescription in the lenses. If I do say so myself, he looks pretty hot.
So we are spending our 7th year of marriage happy, yet poor : ) I guess next year we need to coordinate the spending of the dollars...
Anyway, I started this post thinking that I was going to rant and rave about what a good husband I have and how much I love him (I have a GREAT husband and I love him mucho mucho, and I find new reasons to love him a little bit more almost every day). But I think this poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning pretty much sums it up (and it's not embarrassingly mushy so I don't think you will suffer too much)
“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me.
I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”
I think we were pretty successful and happy for the first 6 years. So, Ryan, what do you say? You want to try for 6(0) more?
1 comment:
Love love love your wedding pic. :) Congrats (in May)!
Post a Comment