My dear, dear friends passed away December 26, 2010 after a very lengthy battle with the pavement. Our journey together started quite slowly. I was pregnant when I opened the box and saw the shiny silver and blue light reflectors. We went for walks often enough but they sat in the closet more often than not. They stayed white and bright for far longer than they wanted to, I am sure. But in a moment of darkness and despair those light reflectors caught my eye and saved my life. Our first major journey together was a mere 3 mile run, but it was through deep puddles in the pouring rain. Our last major journey together was 13.1 miles down a beautiful canyon trail. In between we saw more than 500 miles and beautiful sun rises, mountain peaks, chilly lonely morning jogs and scorching afternoon uphill battles. Through rain and snow, sun and sand these are the shoes that taught me that I can do hard things. I can accomplish goals. I can find happiness. And that running can be fun! Yes, Rest In Peace dear friends. I will miss you.
| My little toe has been hanging out of that hole for the last 3 months! |
| Holes at the front of the shoes from my big toes. That means lots of downhill running and also lots of squats and lunges! |
My good old shoes are survived by my nice, new shiny running shoes. My first pair of Brooks! I am excited to see what the road holds for this pair of shoes.
1 comment:
I am so, SO sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you in this time of loss. I will make you a casserole.
Post a Comment