Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ayudame! Ayudame!

I am not a morning person. Not at all. Sometimes I go to bed too late. Other times I just don't sleep well. And sometimes my bed is just so warm and comfortable I just don't want to get out. So, for whatever reason it may be, I am not a morning person.

Luckily I have a husband who takes compassion on me. He wakes up, gets ready for work, makes his own breakfast and lunch, and then he goes and gets Sadie up (who has usually been awake in her crib for 30 minutes by this point) changes her diaper, gets her breakfast and gets her all set up with pillows and blankets to watch tv until mom is ready to wake up. I am pretty spoiled. It is a pretty nice set up.

Sometimes, however, Sadie is just not that interested in watching tv. Sometimes she gets her toys, other times her books. Usually she starts doing something she shouldn't like going through the drawers in the bathroom and finding my makeup. Today she decided she would rather play Dora the Explorer than watch it, so suddenly she found herself up on the edge of my bed, slipping precariously close to the edge. (One of her favorite games to play is "Save Me Mom!" This can be played standing at the top of the stairs, on the edge of the couch, at the end of the hall...anywhere really). As she allowed herself to get closer and closer to the edge her screams became louder and louder: "Mom! HELP ME! HELP ME!

But I was not so much in the mood to play that game. I was still sleeping. So, what is a little girl to do when she needs her mom to save her but her mom just won't listen? Perhaps, she could try another language.

As her legs slipped over the edge of the bed, Sadie gripped the sheets tighter and started yelling as loud as she could, "MOM! AYUDAME! AYUDAME! AYUDAME!"

Yeah, that's right. My two year old is bilingual. She is awesome. 

2 comments:

Brooke said...

You must be one proud mom! She is going to teach the new addition so many things. :) I probably would be ridiculously angry, but trying not to laugh at the same time. She is full of entertainment. As always thanks for sharing.

Ashley said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! Hilarious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails