Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Note to a Stranger

Yesterday was Valentine's day and I thought it might be nice to text my family and tell them I love them. So I typed up the following silly little note (silly, because who takes Valentine's day seriously except 15 year old girls?)

"I lovers you! Happy v day! I hope you get a big smooch from someone nice."

I was quite shocked when, almost immediately, my brother in law responded with "S#@*," then, "who is this?"

I wrote back "Lisa" but in my mind I was all like, "This is the last time I try to send a nice sentiment. Whatever!"

I was expecting an "lol" and a "happy v day to you too lisa" But no. Silence on his end. Then it dawned on me that my brother- and sister-in-law recently moved and probably changed their cell phone numbers. Oh my gosh! So Embarrassing! So I texted back really quick "sorry wrong number."

My text message stranger resplied: "I was gonna say I have no idea who you are, but after a text like that I should get to know you."

Ryan and I had a good chuckle and then I secretly started praying this is my dumbest blonde moment of the year.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Your 'brother in law' responded eh? I thought for sure you were the only girl in your family. Unless one of your bros has recently switched teams ;) I guess that could give you a bro in law. You crack me up lis!

Lisa Marie said...

ha. No switching teams for now. It was suppose to go to one of my husband's brothers, thus, brother in law. :)

Crystal Lynn said...

Nice! You made a friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails