Saturday, November 3, 2012

Birthday Girl

Alyssa celebrated her first birthday on September 20th!

The first birthday is all about smashing all that glorious cake and frosting into your face, so we made sure that Alyssa got lots of practice at it leading up to the big party. For her birthday dinner we went to Chili's and got her and Ryan some molten chocolate lava cake. She did pretty good at getting it all over her face.
 
Earlier in the day I had wanted to take Alyssa to do something fun for her birthday, just her and I (She doesn't get a alot of one on one time being the second child and all) and I thought she would really like going to the Children's museum. But between nap time and lunch time and the drive there and back, there just wasn't time for the trip while Sadie was at school, so we came up with Plan B, which I think Alyssa was perfectly fine with, yogurt painting in the garage. What isn't there to love about nakedness, bright colors and getting to make a huge mess?
 
 

 
She had lots of fun playing in the bath to get the mess all cleaned up too.
 
She finished off the day with some birthday calls from family and some presents from mom and dad and Sadie.
 
 
 
We had a little birthday party with some family and friends the following Saturday. 
 
The birthday cake!
I made a 6 layer rainbow cake and frosted it with cream cheese frosting.

 Aly had a good time helping me frost it!

 
 
 
 

 For her party we had a little bbq in the backyard. Thanks to everybody who came and helped us celebrate!



I am pretty sure that Alyssa's favorite part of the part was playing in her cake. And, with all her practice leading up to it, she did not disappoint.



 
Happy Birthday Alyssa!!! We love you!!!



 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails