Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Great Crib Escape

Sadie is a little monkey! This afternoon I put her in her crib to take a nap...perhaps this story needs a little background...

Last week Sadie turned 9 months old. I guess this "birthday" means she is a big girl now because all of a sudden she has learned so many new things:
  • She has traded in the army crawl for real crawling
  • she can go from lying down to sitting up all on her own
  • She can feed herself cheerios...as well as grass, paper and anything small left on the carpet
  • She can pull herself up to standing
  • She can clap her hands
  • Her vocabulary includes most consonants, but mainly "ma" "ba" "da" "ffff" or "pphhhh" "ka" "ga" and other random combinations

...back to the story. So I put Sadie down for a nap this afternoon. While I was waiting for her to go to sleep I was thinking to myself, "I should have Ryan lower the mattress on her crib tonight. Better to be safe than sorry!"

Well, in the course of her nap my friend Heidi came to visit and I stopped paying attention to the baby monitor. Sadie almost always sleeps for 1.5 to 2 hours per nap so I assumed I had plenty of time until she woke up. When all of a sudden Heidi was like, "I think Sadie is crying." Sure enough she was. I went into her room to see what the problem was and SHE WAS ON THE FLOOR!!!

That little monkey climbed out of her crib. Luckily she didn't seem hurt, just a little startled.

Needless to say, we have spent the evening "baby-proofing" the house. What a little monkey!!!

4 comments:

Meg and Brad said...

I would have FREAKED OUT and spent the remainder of the day at the hospital if that had happened to me! I'm glad she wasn't hurt - and I'm glad you're level headed enough to think straight in times of crisis!! Although - it probably really wasn't one!

Crystal Lynn said...

Nice. Nice. I seem to remember the EXACT same thing happening to Claire at that EXACT age. Crazy, huh? Its a good thing babies are so bendy.

Amanda Edwards said...

Yikes. That is a bit scary but I guess it's a natural progression. Thanks for the heads up.

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/10-makanan-yang-cocok-untuk-penderita-maag

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails