Saturday, May 2, 2009

The "Fun Run" was actually fun!

I woke up this morning bright and early, stretched, yawned, looked out my window at the pouring rain and thought to myself, "It looks like the perfect day for a run!"
So, today was my 5k race. Going into this my goal was to:
  1. Finish
  2. Get a cool t-shirt that proves I ran a race
  3. Try not to walk
  4. Not finish last
  5. Finish in under 45 minutes
  6. See if the word "run" and the word "fun" can actually be used together in a sentence, let alone a title
So here is proof I finished the race. That is me crossing the finish line. Unfortunately, that lady is standing in front of the clock. It would have been cool to get my time in the picture...oh well.


Surprise, surprise! Yes I surprised myself. I accomplished all of my goals...better than I thought I would too. I ran the whole 3.1 miles without stopping (in the pouring, freezing rain) and I ended up finishing in 27:50 and I finished 10th in the females age 20-29 category. Not too shabby if I don't say so myself.

I credit my accomplishments to:

  1. My awesome husband and daughter who were standing in the rain at the finish line to cheer me on
  2. My competitive drive...when I saw a 10 year old little kid pass me I decided it was on!
  3. My totally cool workout playlist that I made last night that includes techtronic "Pump the Jam", Britney Spears "Toxic" AND "Womanizer", Madonna "Die Another Day", and, of course, The Black Eyed Peas "Let's Get it Started" (I will never again admit that I listen to this music so get your teasing in while you can)

Sorry if this post is a bit on the bragging side...I am just really proud of myself. I didn't really think I would be able to do it and I am so happy that did so good. Here I am a while after I had finished...and I am smiling! I guess you can call it a fun run after all.




So, I am thinking I am going to do another one. Anyone want to do it with me?





8 comments:

Talyn said...

I'm running again on the fourth of July. You're invited.

Mariah said...

Wahoo. You did it! Good job on doing so well in the 5K. I am very impressed!

Crystal Lynn said...

no.

pitterbecky said...

Great job Lisa! If I lived closer I would totally run with you. I've been running, but I am a bit timid about races. By the way, Soph and I are coming out to Utah/Idaho in August for 3 weeks. If you all are around I'd love to see you!

Todd and Heidi said...

You have inspired me! I am going to do one! I am going to start running and getting ready!Now that I have this in writing there is no backing down now:)

Amanda Edwards said...

I am super proud of you. Give me a few months to have this baby and then another more than few to get back in shape and I would love to join you...if you promise not to listen to that music. Joking, I think it's a rocking play list.

Deena ♥ Curtis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deena ♥ Curtis said...

I should learn to spell first.... Anyways great job Lisa!!! That is awesome. Count me out on the next one!! High five to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails