Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lisa's List of Things That Must Go

*Me being totally not into blogging (has it really been almost a month since I last blogged?)
*Sadie learning words and phrases such as, "Stop It!" "Go Away!" "Mine" and "No, No!" and the fact that she knows their meaning and the correct usage of the words. Oh, and that she uses them in 95% of all communication
*The stomach flu...and my immune system letting it invade my body twice in one month
*Road construction that traps me into my neighborhood from all 4 directions
*taking 25 minutes and crippling my thumbs to text when I could just make a 30 second call
*having to wait for 2 more days until the next episode of Lost
*having every tv show that is worth watching come on on Tuesday nights (my dvr can only record 2 at a time!!), while nothing worth while comes on on Wednesdays
*being addicted to tv
*women who glare at me in the McDonald's because my toddler dripped ice cream in the slide (I mean, really lady?, I am sure there has been worse in that slide... I'm just sayin'...)
*weather men that report clear and sunny skies, temperature in the 60-70s leading me to plan super fun and exciting fieldtrips to Tracey aviary, only to be drenched in torrential downpour and hail...yes, hail...which relegates me and the sadester to the McDonald's playground, where we get glared at by mean, anal-retentive (oops, did I just say that??) ladies
*people that offer me free flights on Delta to any destination within the continental united states...ok, they can offer that to me, but don't make me sign up for a credit card to get it.
*high heels
*skinny girls
*skinny girls wearing skinny jeans and high heels
*the neighbors dog...who barks ALL NIGHT LONG!
*neighbors who only talk to me when they want me to babysit their children
*brothers who are only nice to me when they want me to drive them to the airport at 4:30 in the morning
*not being able to fit my runs into the day's schedule
*dancing with the stars and super cheesy lines on serious crime/detective dramas
*stuff that I really want that is too expensive to buy
*having to wait a whole month and a half for the biggest Eclipse party of the year!! (woot, woot, party time! Go Team Jacob)
*having to return books to the library before I have finished reading them
*Sadie waking up at 6:44am instead of 8:27am on Sunday mornings
*having to get up, get ready and arrive at church by 9am...only to spend 99% of church out in the parking lot quashing temper tantrums
*greeters at resturaunts that are overly happy
*living far away from my brother and all of Ryan's family
*know-it-alls
*losing 13 pounds, only to go on vacation and gain 5 of it back
*the suspense of when/if/where we will be transferred
*people that ask when I am going to get pregnant agian
*the candybars in my cupboard that were purchased as a bribe for my primary class, but are more effectively bribing me to eat them
*singles/childless couples that invite me on exciting, spur of the moment vacations when there is no way I will ever be able to find a babysitter and/or a dog sitter in enough time to join them
*weeds
*body hair
*houses that don't slef-clean
*back aches
*people that go on hiatus from blogging and then, as an update, write a fragmentary list with which I am supposed to surmise the happenings of their life but that actually just leaves me with more questions than answers

5 comments:

Brooke said...

As always a good time read. I'm pretty sure I agree with the majority of these and despise them myself. Hope your vacation went well.

Talyn said...

I was cursing the library once when I had to return a book I hadn't finished. Then I realized that perhaps it was worth 15 cents to just finish the darn thing.

I agree that body hair and weeds must go. I humbly submit that getting 12 mosquito bites every time I leave the house should be added to your list.

Meg and Brad said...

That is quite the list! And I could post almost the whole thing over to my blog - with about 20 other things!!

Crystal Lynn said...

Amen sista! Eclipse, wootwoot! We def need to chat soon!

Anonymous said...

LISA!!! I am so glad I found your blog because you are fantastic! Love your list. If you need a Wed night TV show watch Modern Family. It. Is. Hilarious!!! I'm excited to keep up to date with you now!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails