Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fieldtrip Friday: Imagination Place

On Friday, Sadie and I and our friend, Hayden, headed to the Imagination Place for their Music Together class. This class was really a lot of fun. It included everything from rhythmic beats to chanting to singing and playing instruments. If you are looking for a music class, I would say this is the way to go!

Sadie's friend Hayden came along with us to the class and she was super cute! The teacher explained that the younger kids would watch while the older kids did a certain activity and then later, after we had moved on from that activity, the younger kids would start practicing...and that is just what Hayden did. At one point we practiced standing on one foot. Hayden watched carefully and then for the rest of the class she would stand on one foot and smile. Then we would sing and when the room was quiet at the end of the song Hayden would sing loudly the last note. So cute! Here she is rockin' out on the drums:


While Hayden did a good job practicing what was taught, Sadie was more of a "free spirit." She would come and participate for a few minutes and then she would run off and do her own thing whether it was dancing or finding a new friend. Here she is playing the shaker and dancing to the song:



I think my favorite part of the class was that they let the kids try out a lot of different musical instruments, but I also thought that the songs were really cute.

I really appreciated their philosophy toward children and music (go to their website to learn more) and I could also tell they did a good job gearing the class toward the kids and their learning style and levels because it held their interest and attention for the whole class. Thank You Talyn for tipping me off to this place.

I also found out that they offer dance & yoga classes for toddlers. I am excited to try them out sometime!

For our fieldtrip this week we are going to return to one of our favorite spots, the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum.

1 comment:

Todd and Heidi said...

Thank you so much for taking Hayden! It looks like she had tons of fun. I want to do more things like this with you..let me know your plans!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails