Saturday, June 5, 2010

Irony

Oh, how I love myself a little irony. Not to be confused with iron-y...I have outfits that have hung in my closet for years simply because I am too lazy to get out the iron. In fact, the last time I got out the iron was to iron Sadie's Easter dress. I found out a little too late Ryan's scouts were the last ones to use the iron when they made t-shirts with iron-on decals for an activity and that they were not so careful about keeping/cleaning the ink off the iron. And, yeah, I really do think it is ironic... that one time in the last year I have pulled out the iron and now Sadie has "TROOP 1098" emblazoned on the chest of her dress. Nice.

In other irony news, do you remember me ever talking or blogging about how excited I was that Sadie was starting to talk and say all sorts of fun words? So, yesterday, when I went in to get Sadie up for the morning she said, "Daddy?" And I said, "He's at work and then he is going camping." And she frowned and told me to "GO AWAY!" I spent the rest of the morning (and most of the afternoon) doing my best to avoid her, as she would push me out of any room she was in and tell me to "GO AWAY!" The ironic part of all of this is that A) Sadie usually takes a good 15 to 20 minutes to warm up to Ryan when he comes home from work every night. and B) She chooses to want her dad on the one day he wasn't coming home. WHATEVER!

And in the vein of a little rain on my wedding day or a free ride when I have already paid... It FINALLY stopped raining and snowing here in Utah. In fact, it hit 80 degrees nearly every day last week!! (yeah) And Sadie and I are celebrating with a cold, runny nose & cough. SWEET.

Up next week in literary geek news, Poetic Justice (oohh...aahhhh!)

1 comment:

Crystal Lynn said...

Kids are funny... I really appreciated your nod to alanis morrisette. Awesome.
Dont worry about her telling you to go away. It doesnt last long, sooner or later she will always want her mommy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails