Right now I am sitting at my computer blogging while my husband is in the bathroom scrubbing the hard water deposits off of the shower door. I am just feeling really thankful. Thankful that I am not the one that has to do that awful job. But also thankful for all of the help everyone has given me as we try to prepare for this sudden move.
I am thankful to Ryan for helping out as much as he can despite not having any time off work to prepare for the move. I am thankful for him listening to me patiently while I go through a variety of emotions relating to the move, ranging from anger, to sadness, to nostalgia, to excited and back again.
I am thankful to my parents and family. Who gets this stuff done without family close by? I seriously don't know how we are going to do this the next time around without our family. My parents have been over at my house non-stop cleaning and fixing and helping to watch Sadie. My little brother has been my own personal slave. And my brother-in-law even flew in from Washington to help with some repair projects. I couldn't be more thankful for my family than I am right now.
I am so thankful for awesome neighbors. There has been no shortage of offers to help us pack and clean. And even more offers to watch Sadie. I have had neighbors completely rearrange their day to take care of Sadie, others have just showed up on my doorstep asking if Sadie could come play and still others have planned super fun activities and taken Sadie along. I am so extremely grateful for great neighbors. I hope that I have been as good to them as they have been to me.
I am also grateful for awesome friends. For listening to me. For teaching me how to de-stress with deep breathing (a life-saver!) and for bringing over yummy food for us to eat because I have been too stressed and too busy to even think about cooking meals.
Yes, I am amazed at how generous people have been to us. I am extremely thankful and grateful to call such great people my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment