Today we took Sadie to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. It was so much fun. She spent the entire time starring in awe and then running to the next exhibit.
My favorite was in the animal exhibit she would say "shhh, listen" and try to hear the animals.
Great Saturday afternoon.
I also ventured out for my first run in Colorado. We have a trail that runs right by our house so I was excited to try it out. I haven't had time or been brave enough to take Malley out yet and decided it would be good to get him out for some exercise and to learn his new surrounds.
Stupid mistake! The dumb dog started limping again after only 1 mile (if you want to read a similar story into how good my dog is at faking injury click here) Of course, once we got home he was running around the backyard like a maniac. I guess he just doesn't like running on a leash...or something...I don't know. I do know for sure that my next run will be dog free.
In other exploring news, I have come to discover that driving in Denver is a much more time consuming activity than it was in Utah.
Before I leave the house I have to do a google map search and write down every direction to make sure that I can get to where I am going and then home again. Then, of course, there are the 10 times I have to turn around because
- I turned on the wrong Jamison Street (I have seen about 10 different Jamison Streets in Littleton alone.) Last week in church I was so excited to meet one of my neighbors who also lived on Jamison. Come to find out she lived on the other Jamison that is 2 blocks away ... Seriously, whoever names the streets in Colorado has very little imagination because they name them the same names over and over again. The other day when I was looking for the Library I came to the cross section of Easter Street and Easter Street... It is a problem.
- I missed the street I was supposed to turn on or I took the right exit off the freeway, but headed in the wrong direction.
- The google map was wrong and now I am stuck in the parking lot of a Starbucks and not at the library like I intended. So, I have to call Ryan and have him do a different map search and give me the actual directions.
- or, all of the above.
Yes, I think a GPS will be on my Christmas list.
However, I was so awesomely surprised when I was driving on the freeway the other day. I needed to get over to exit and I put on my blinker. People actually let me in!!!
You cannot understand my excitement if you have never driven in Utah before. But all you Utahans, you know what I mean. You put your blinker on in Utah and the drivers next to you either
- ignore you and go the exact same speed, so you have to drastically slow down and hinder traffic in your lane (I once witnessed a lady at a dead stop on the freeway with her blinker on trying to get over to the exit) or you have to step on the gas and cut the guy off, which inevitably makes them mad so they tail you for the next mile,
- or they purposely speed up and glare at you, because heaven forbid a car gets in front of them!
Yes, I may be pitifully lost, but at least the drivers around me are polite.
Yeah, so that's our activities in Denver so far. 1 week down. 49 to go :)
No comments:
Post a Comment