It was such a beautiful day outside this morning when I woke up that I decided to fore go my usual aerobics class and load up the jogging stroller and the dog and go for a run. I decided I would run to 1300 west then to 7800 south then head west to redwood rd. and back to my house near 9000 south. This little journey is roughly 3 miles - good training for the 5k I am doing.
Well, I got to 7800 south and 1300 west (1.5 miles) and my dog started limping! Poor Dog! I checked his paws and he hadn't stepped on anything. I didn't see him trip or stumble. I didn't know what was wrong but I couldn't keep running with a dog who couldn't hardly even walk. To make matters worse we were just about as far away from my house as we were going to get. So, we turned around and started slowly making our way back to the house, stopping to rest every block or so. I am sure that I looked like quite the spectacle: dressed in running garb, bright yellow jogging stroller with a baby inside who is yelling happy sounds just as loudly as she can (and she can yell really loud), severely limping dog trailing as far behind me as the leash will allow him to, and all of us moving at a snails pace.
I was contemplating who I could call to come and pick us up because I was sure Malley was going to lay down and just refuse to keep going out of sheer pain when we came upon a house with 2 dogs in the backyard. As you would expect dogs to do, they ran over to the fence barking at us like we were burglars on the loose. However, Malley reacted VERY unexpectedly for a dog that had been limping for the last 7 blocks: HE TRIED TO JUMP OVER THE FENCE...MULTIPLE TIMES. And the fence was like 6 feet tall. And he got really, really close to making it over.
WHATEVER DOG! YOU ARE A FAKER!!!!!
Needless to say, I felt very un-sorry for him the rest of the way home. I did learn a valuable lesson though: When you are just too tired to keep on running, don't loose face by just giving up. Keep your pride by pretending you are hurt! Severe limping draws the most pity without judgement of being old, fat or out of shape.
2 comments:
I am totally going to use this one on Brad next time he wants to go for a run! I'd only give me until 13th before I'd be hurt though!
Poor Malley! I am going to take note on my next bike ride.. I am one who is old, fat and out of shape.. I can use this!
Post a Comment