Wednesday, April 8, 2009

House Tornado Warning

APRIL 8, 2009 HOUSE TORNADO WARNING
BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. THIS IS NOT A TEST. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

The National Weather Service in West Jordan, Utah has issued a house tornado warning for Johnson County until 10:15PM MST Tonight.

At 3:44PM MST the National Weather Service Doppler Radar indicated a severe clutter storm within the Johnson household capable of producing a house tornado 7 steps West of the kitchen or about 15 steps South of the bathroom. It appears to be moving east towards the laundry room at 50 MPH. Other locations in warning include but are not limited to the bedroom, living room and basement.

If you are caught in the storm of unwashed dishes you are encouraged to cover your eyes and walk by as quickly as possible. The safest place to be during a house tornado is in the cleanest room so you don't have to look at the mess you should be cleaning up. Get a good book or other sturdy piece of entertainment that will get you safely through any brief impulse to start cleaning. As a last resort, seek shelter from the overflowing laundry piles by crawling underneath a warm blanket to take a nap.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. THIS WAS NOT A TEST. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP

I have no idea what happened to my house! Seriously. Not a clue! Saturday night when I went to bed my house was presentable. Every room was picked up and clutter free. The dishes were done. Even the carpet was vacuumed. By Monday morning: DISASTER! And I still have not found adequate motivation to repair the damages (as you can see because I am blogging and not cleaning).

I guess I will just find a good book and wait for the National Guard to show up and start the repairs. Does anybody know if they do windows????

3 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Nope, but they charge a fortune... I thought your tornado was Sadie finally crawling.... That I guess will be the aftermath??? Don't worry the same tornado hit my house.. it's been hovering for about 7 years now :-(

Talyn said...

That happens to my house every. single. weekend. Incidentally the end of the weekend when my house is messiest is also when the home teachers ask Kevin if they can come immediately following church and he says yes.

Brian, Jenny & Braden said...

YOu are awesome, I love you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails