After the questioning is complete people often start making assumptions like, "Well, it is probably good you are boy girl twins so you don't have to be too competitive with each other and you can just be good friends." Yes, you would think that would be the case. And we are the best of friends. However, we are still pretty competitive. There are many arenas in which we compete, but one in particular holds the fiercest of battles. For years we have been filling out March Madness brackets and for years I would spend hours upon hours researching my teams and trying to prove that I was the better twin when it came to March Madness. Alas, never have my hours of study come to a profitable fruition. He ALWAYS wins. Well, his winning streak ends tonight!!!!
This year I spent all of 5.78 seconds filling out my bracket. I chose UNC to take the cake because I liked their team name more than the other number 1 seeds. I didn't know that the majority of Americans picked them to win. I didn't know that President Obama picked them to win. And I didn't know that their returning players had put off joining the NBA solely to try to win this championship game. But, just my luck, THEY WON! And they didn't just win. They kicked the socks off Michigan State basically winning the game in the first 10 minutes. Their taking the championship sealed my bracket as the official winner of the Johnsons vs. Brewsters bracket challenge, making this the one time in my life I have beat Doug at March Madness. WHOO-HOO! I am going to gloat unashamedly tonight because I am sure tomorrow he will resume being the better twin, but tonight is mine. And I am enjoying every minute of it.
UNC ALL THE WAY BABY!
P.S. I am really not bitter or cynical about being a twin. It just makes this a funnier story if you think I am.
P.P.S. To prove I am a good winner and not a sore loser I will now disclose a few pearls of wisdom in my winning bracketology:
1. NEVER pick BYU to go past the first round
2. Gonzaga ALWAYS disappoints
3. #10 seed teams usually beat #7 seed teams in the first round
4. Choosing the team with the prettier colors or the cooler mascot IS a good way of predicting who will win
5. NEVER pick the team that won the title last year to win again the following year
P.P.P.S. (Is P.P.P.S. even a real thing?) Doug, in honor of my win, I would like to eat out at The Cheesecake Factory. THANKS!!!!
GO TARHEELS!
3 comments:
Wow, such sibling rivalry.. Didn't realize it was such a sore spot?? Glad you don't have any issues with your oldest sister!!! ;-)
ha ha, its not really a sore spot. I was just kidding. It is just fun to add some drama to my win
Haha! I loved your post. I just read it out loud to Doug and he laughed the entire time. My favorite part was your first paragraph about the questions people ask you guys when they find out you are twins... Congrats on the win.
Post a Comment