January: I enrolled Sadie in a gymnastics class which was every Friday for 6 weeks. She absolutely loved it! And she still asks to go to gymnastics.
![]() |
| The Foam Pit. A class favorite. You could run and jump into it, go down the slide into it, or swing from the rope swing and drop in. |
![]() |
| Sadie would not even attempt to climb this ladder at the beginning. By the last day she wouldn't even let me come within arms distance of her because she wanted to do it all by herself. |
![]() |
| Sorry. Camera phones make for blurry action shots. |
![]() |
| Sadie would often raise her hands in the air and exclaim "TA DA!" every time she finished an exercise. |
![]() |
March 4th: Butterfly Pavilion
The Pavilion was awesome! You enter a rain forest type atrium that is filled with tropical flowers and plants and over 1,600 free flying butterflies.
I didn't get a picture of my favorite butter fly (The Blue Morpho) but it was so beautiful! There were literally thousands of every color and size.
Unfortunately, it was a long drive from our house and we arrived just about at nap time. This was one of the more frustrating experiences of my mothering career, starting with Sadie running (away from me, in a very fun game of keep away from mom) around the pavilion and ending with me pulling her through the parking lot by one arm as she screamed and dragged her legs. At least the pics let me imagine that we had a wonderful time. I called my mom almost in tears when I got home and she just laughed at me. Apparently I put her through the same thing a time or two. (How sweet revenge can be) :)
March 11th: The Wildlife Experience
A much better experience than the previous week! Although, I forgot the camera. We started the day off with an IMAX film, Animalopolis. The film covers the real-world activities of a variety of animals but the narration is done "Dr. Seuss style."
Next we headed to their live Frog exhibit. Sadie had a lot of fun trying to find the frogs in each tank. Some were huge! Others were so tiny and so well camouflaged it took us while to find them. Did you know that there is a species of frog that is metallic silver?
We ended the day exploring their Globeology exhibit which simulates a journey through the major biomes of the world, such as the Tundra, Rainforest and the Coral Reef. Sadie really enjoyed the falling snow in the arctic area and the snapping crocodiles in the African area.
March 18th: Dropped in for a one day gymnastics class.
March 25th: We had friends in town last weekend and we visited the Colorado Railroad Museum,
The Nature & Science Museum and the Children's museum. So, I think we might just take it easy today. Perhaps a little pedicure? I shall post pics if that is the route we take.
Happy Friday to you!





No comments:
Post a Comment