Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Saint Patrick's Day

I don't really get into holidays that much. I have "fall" decorations for my front porch which suffices from September to December. Then, of course we decorate for Christmas. But all of the other holidays of the year are neglected in the decorating department. I sometimes remember Easter baskets for Easter. Hopefully I will get better at that since Sadie is starting to get old enough to understand and remember. (I think it could be traumatizing for a child if the Easter bunny didn't show up...) I figure out what my Halloween costume will be about 15 mins before we need to be at the Halloween party, and that is if I even dress up at all. As far as patriotic holidays go, I think they are important, but I am just not going to wear red, white and blue.

So that is why I think it is so funny that I always really want to make green food and wear green clothes on St. Patrick's day. But here are some things to remember for future celebrations:

  • Green sprinkles on your apple cinnamon muffins just looks like mold.
  • Maybe the holiday that embraces the color "green" is NOT the holiday to celebrate with food. i.e. green milk, green muffins, green enchiladas... Green just isn't an appetizing color for any food besides salad.
  • When Sadie discovers that green sprinkles exist, they will become a part of every food choice for the day
  • Sadie eating a banana covered in green sprinkles, while wearing the only green shirt she owns...which is a size too small :) (Sorry phone pics always come out blurry)
  • If you wear green to the gym you will realize how super uncool you are when you are THE ONLY ONE wearing green.
  • Or, perhaps I was the coolest one there. Who knows?
  • Ryan will NOT remember to wear green pajamas, despite being raised by the mother he was, and will look at you very angrily when you pinch him.
  • Don't laugh when Ryan looks at you angrily. It just makes him more angry.
Maybe it is time I pick a new holiday to embrace?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails