Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sadie is a Party Animal!

We had Sadie's birthday party on Saturday and despite the fact that it was a pool party and it just happened to be the coldest day of the summer (about 60 degrees), I think it turned out to be pretty fun. We had Grandma and Grandpa and other family, friends and Ryan's co-workers over for a bbq. We also had an inflatable water slide for the kids and the wii on a projector in the garage for the older (young at heart) kids. As it was so cold I don't think anyone used the water slide so the tramp ended up being a big hit. We also did the whole "stuff the cake in her face" thing and presents. We were going to show a movie outside in the backyard on the projector but it was just too cold. Oh well, maybe next year.

Thanks to everybody who came and partied with us. You really helped to make Sadie's birthday awesome.

Here are the fabulous pics of the night's events:


Ryan was he master chef of the night


Sadie's Cake. I found a lady who made cakes (contact me if you want her info. She is really good) because I wanted something extra cute and extra yummy for her first birthday. It was a chocolate mint oreo cake with mint whipping cream frosting.



Sadie's first bite with a little encouragement from mom. She wasn't quite sure what to do with this large object on her high chair.

"Hmmmm...maybe this stuff isn't so bad after all. Can I have more mom?"
"Yummy!"



"All Done!" Ryan put that bow in her hair cause he wanted her to smear frosting all over her face, but Sadie had had enough cake by then. This is about as messy as she got...good thing considering she wouldn't keep her bib on.



Next, it was swimming time. Sadie got in the pool and splashed around a bit even though it was really, really cold. She loves the water no matter the temp!






Lastly, Sadie opened her presents...with a little help from some friends.






3 comments:

Talyn said...

It was chocolate mint oreo cake with mint whipping cream frosting?!?! I didn't even take a piece, because I was pretending to be so good about only eating two cookies and no cake. What was I thinking? I'll be over later to taste it.

Mariah said...

Tell Sadie happy birthday for us! We were thinking about you guys on Saturday. We were sad that we had to miss her party! Also, I'm sorry to hear that it was so cold. Cold is never good.

Bryant&Sandra said...

Hi! What fun pictures of Sadie and she is a party animal and will enjoy many parties to come with you. I'm glad to see she was happy to do everything you did even with the cold temperature. Give Sadie a kiss and hug from us and let her know we miss seeing her.
Love you all lots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails