Sunday, August 2, 2009

"I Just Looked Away for a Second..."

Ryan had a Young Men's meeting this morning and while he was gone I thought that I might be a useful wife and get the dishes done that had been sitting in the sink all weekend. I was sure that Sadie would be occupied at the back door window long enough for me to get the dishwasher loaded. She loves to stand at the window and talk to the dog outside. So I started washing dishes while I kept a lookout for her out of the corner of my eye. She was happily banging on the window so I looked down for 15 seconds to scrape out a dish, no kidding, 15 seconds max, and this is what I saw when I looked up:

Look at that mischievous smile! She was so proud of herself. Whew, scary for me though.

On the plus side, when she is about 10 years old and complaining that she "hates doing the dishes" I have damaging proof to the contrary.

3 comments:

Bryant&Sandra said...

Hi Lisa,
What a fun picture of Sadie and I look forward to when she is old enough to really help with the dishes.
Thanks for sharing such a fun moment in your day!
Love you lots,
Mom J. :)

Mariah said...

Haha! That is the cutest picture ever!

Anne said...

What a cute little imp!!!
Love, Grannie Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails