A couple of months ago I blogged that Sadie had taken her first steps and that I would take pics and post all about her new skill. And then, blog blackout, radio silence. If you were waiting with baited breath you were probably sorely disappointed. Before you go karate kid on me for not being the good blogger or parent I should be, let me state my case:
It is true that Sadie took her first steps more than 2 months ago. What you don't know is that after she took those first 5 or 6 steps she was like totally over it. If she could talk she would have been all, "Mom, walking is totally old news." And since crawling was like sooo the thing to be doing (or maybe it was just way easier and way faster or way less scary) she continued crawling everywhere she went for a couple more months. We tried to encourage her by holding her hands or calling out to her. I admit it. I even tried to bribe her. Nope. She wanted NOTHING to do with walking.
However, she has had a change of heart over the past few days and has decided that walking isn't that bad. In fact, today she walked more than she crawled and threw a tantrum if I tried to carry her or hold her hand. (more on this tantrum thing later) She is still pretty wobbly, swaying like a drunk, but she is the cutest little drunk I've ever seen!
(don't mind the crazy mom voice in the video...in fact, it might be best if you just turn your speakers off for this one) But without further ado, Sadie is walking!
2 comments:
yeah!! Good for her! she's so cute, and I loved the "crazy mom" voice. :)
Oh, this is such a cute video. She looks adorable walking. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment