I am posting a little late, but not to fear - I didn't slack off! Sadie and I did go on a fieldtrip this last Friday. We visited Gymboree and went to their Play and Learn class. This is a class that is supposed to encourage development through playing and learning. They have lots of fun and colorful toys to help sensory stimulation and playgrounds and mazes to develop problem-solving and physical development. Their goal is to use their classes to encourage play-based activities that will stretch the body and mind.
I went to this class expecting it to be a lot like our Little Gym experience, but it ended up being quite different. The little gym was a lot more focused on physical strength and coordination and this place focused a lot more on play as problem solving and learning. The class we went to was the "circle" class so we did lots of activities that reinforced the concept of a circle.
All in all it was a good time. Sadie had a lot of fun interacting with the other kids and she got out a lot of energy. I also thought the teacher for the class did a really excellent job with the kids.
As I am always looking for a good deal, I am pleased to announce that this outing was free. First introductory classes are free so I suggest you should all check them out...especially while this yucky weather keeps us trapped inside. I also ran into a friend there who has signed her daughter up for the whole semester of classes. I expected the prices to be a bit unreasonable but she said they have coupons that made signing up really affordable. I am going to keep my eyes peeled!
********************************
So, I am not really sure yet where we are going to go this week. I was thinking a dance class or a yoga class would be fun??? But, I haven't found anything yet. If any of you have a good idea or suggestion please let me know!
1 comment:
You are such a great mom with your Friday fieldtrips. I wish we lived closer, 'cause I would totally join you every week.
Post a Comment