Thursday, February 19, 2009

Epiphanic Moment

I am Lisa Johnson and this blog is all about my life. As my daily activities center heavily on my daughter Sadie, this blog will mostly be about her and her growing up moments. But if we are all being honest, you really are only reading this blog to see pictures of her anyway and any stories about me, Ryan or Malley will just be interesting anecdotes. With that being said, who is this Lisa Johnson person anyway?

Every person has that one moment in their life that acts as a crossroads, one moment that changes all other moments yet to be. My epiphanic moment came my freshman year at BYU as I trudged, depressedly, back to my dorm after a day full of finals. It was snowing and of course I lived at the top of the hill. I was cold. I was tired. My shoes had absolutely zero traction. (Picture someone trying to ice skate uphill with a bag full of bricks on their back and you will get a pretty good picture). On about my twentieth time falling, a few words, which I am sure are against the honor code, slipped past my lips along with a promise to myself that next winter would NOT be spent in Provo. BAM. Epiphanic Moment.

The next winter I jetted off to BYU Hawaii and my life has never been the same. What happened? Had the time of my life. Met my husband. Fell in love. Returned to Provo???? (I am still not really sure why) Got married. Graduated with a degree in English Lit. Lived blissfully as D.I.N.K.s for 3 years. Got a dog. Decided he was alot of work. Had a kid. Decided the dog was easy to take care of. Started this blog.

See, if it wasn't for that one moment way back when, "I" wouldn't be me and I wouldn't be writing this blog. But it did and I am, so enjoy!

3 comments:

Doug said...

Yeeeeaaaaaa!!!! Welcome to the blog world! I have always loved to read what you write because you are such a great writer, so creative, and always put such a fun twist on things. I'm sure your blog will be no different! This is the best thing to happen all week!

Mariah said...

Yeah, you guys started a blog!!! I'm excited. I liked your story about becoming "I."

Anne said...

Just remember that everything happens for a reason!! Every epiphanic moment is a wonderful new adventure!! Enjoy the journey!!:) Love you! Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails