Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Playing Catch Up - Sadie is 6 Weeks

(I wrote this in my own journal and as an email to family when Sadie was actually 6 weeks).

Our little bright-eyes is getting bigger and bigger each day. She is learning to smile and trying really hard to roll over. She started smiling really big just a few days before we had her blessing pictures taken and we were really lucky to get such great smiles from her.

Sadie is sleeping pretty well, about 6-7 hrs. a night. The only problem is that sometimes she doesn't like to go to sleep until 2 or 3 in the morning. One particular night She would just not go to sleep. I went into her room and in my very best "I am the mom and I am tired" voice I said "Sadie, Go To Sleep!" She just looked up at me and gave me the biggest smile ever. How can you be mad at that?

Here are some pics of us up with Sadie in the night



















Sadie is eating great. Although, after she eats she seems to be in pain with stomach aches or acid reflux. I have been really trying to watch what I eat so my diet doesn't upset her. I don't eat chocolate, dairy, high fat foods, carbonation or wheat. It seems to help her a little. I also found this stuff that is a miracle! It is called gripe water. It calms her stomach right down and helps her to go to sleep. (Thanks to Grandma Brewster for that little gem of wisdom).


Ryan has enjoyed being at home. His work gave him 2 weeks paternity leave so he has been taking half-days here and there to help out as I have been recovering and we have all been making this big adjustment. Ryan and Sadie love to take naps together and watch football.

O Malley has done surprisingly well with our new addition and I think they will grow to be best buds. We are loving getting to know our beautiful daughter and are looking forward to her blessing next week. Thank you for all your support and encouragement!
Here are some of Sadie's first smiles.





1 comment:

Anne said...

Sadie is the cutest baby girl I've ever seen!! I know Im' the grandma, but hey, I'm TOTALLY impartial!!:)
Love, Granny Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails