We had a normal weekly doctor appointment Tuesday at 10:30. After a bit of a wait, our doctor took a look and found that I was dilated to a 4. He was surprised that I had not had consistent contractions. He then estimated that the baby was around 8 pounds. He suggested induction might be a good idea. We asked when, and he said, "How about today?" We soon found ourselves rushing home to grab our hospital gear, making cell phone calls informing work and family along the way.
We were just on time to the hospital at 1:00 pm. As the nurse was hooking me up to the monitors, she noticed I was having a moderate contraction. "Are you feeling that contraction?" "What?!" I thought I just had a bad back ache through the morning. Turns out I was having back contractions and was already in active labor! No point in inducing something already in progress, the doctor instead broke my water.
The contractions intensified and about an hour later, I received an epidural. Labor continued at a consistent pace and at 7:00 pm, I was dilated to a 9. But the baby was not dropping far enough and there were some indications that me and/or the baby may have an infection. At 7:30 pm, I went into an emergency C-section. It went quite smoothly and on 8/5 at 8:05, our Sadie was born 8 pounds 8 ounces and 21.5 inches long.
Sadie had lots of dark hair and big dark eyes. Her toes and fingers are way long like her dad's and she has my cheeks and nose. She has Ryan's mouth and ears.
We are so excited that she has joined our family!
1 comment:
My two of three cute girls!!
Post a Comment