Sadie turned 11 months on July 5, 2009.
Weight: Around 16 lbs. She won't ever sit still on the scale
Height: 28 in.
She is at about 3% on the weight growth charts. Her Doctor either thinks I am a delinquent parent that never feeds my child or that there is something seriously wrong with her. His only problem is that he can't see how much she moves! There is nothing wrong with her and I am not a delinquent parent. I feed her almost constantly. She just crawls faster than I can shovel food into her mouth.
Sadie has hit many a milestone in the past few months. She started crawling on May 15th. She was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing. She was just sitting on her bedroom floor and she pushed up on her hands and knees and just started for the door like it was no big deal. She was much more excited when she realized she could run away from me when I wanted to get her dressed or change her diaper. Since crawling has become old news she has learned how to pull herself up on stable (and many unstable) objects, she has learned how to walk holding on to said objects, she can stand all alone until she realizes she is standing all alone and then she falls, and she has become a very proficient climber of stairs, boxes, coffee tables and any other object within her height restrictions.
Sadie cut her first two teeth (middle bottom) while we were on vacation in Puerto Rico and she was an absolute angel about it. I didn't even know they were popping up until one of our co-vacationers pointed them out. (For arguments sake I do need to mention that this co-vacationer is a mouth professional. She works in a dentist office. So that being said I think that confirms I am not unobservant).
Sadie is eating pretty much whatever we are eating these days. Her only off limit food is honey. She is also getting really good at holding her own bottle or sippy cup but she would much prefer to drink out of our "big people" cups. It is really cute to watch her because she sticks her tongue clear out in the cup and tries to lap it up like a dog. And, the fact the the opening of the cup pretty much envelops her whole head adds to the cuteness. She is also getting very good at feeding herself the cut up bites of food we put on her tray (or the handfuls of food she is fast enough to swipe off our plates).
Sadie is babbling up a storm these days. She talks to herself in her crib, she talks to herself in the car seat. All the time she is talking, talking, talking. She says almost all of the consonants and her words are sounding more and more like English every day. She can say "mama" and "dada", but I think they hold meaning only occasionally. (For example, she says "da" "da" "da" all day long with no real purpose or reason but when the phone rings she always perks up and says "dada?" and waits for me to answer it and let her hear his voice). She says the exact same thing whenever she sees the dog, "da-a-gah-gee," which I am pretty sure is her interpretation of doggie. The funny thing is that most of her talking takes place, very loudly, in the upper-most octaves. (The loudest and highest always being achieved in the middle of sacrament meeting). I think if I had to classify it it might be a high, high C. I feel bad for the dog. If she is hurting my ears she must really be hurting his.
Another (hint: add sarcastic tone here) really cool thing she has learned to do is that she has learned how to throw a temper tantrum. She is learning very fast and she knows what she wants and what she doesn't want. If she doesn't get her way she whines/screams at you in a very "I'm getting annoyed with you" kind of way. If you don't give in with the whining then she throws herself backwards and straightens out her body and goes into a full out cry. Very adorable! (again, insert sarcastic tone). I try my very best to ignore this new little trick.
Here are some other fun facts:
Favorite toy: Doors. She loves to open and close any and all doors in the house.
Favorite place to explore: The bathroom cupboards
Favorite song: Any song. She just likes to dance to it.
Favorite time of day: Bath time
Favorite person: She's a mamma's girl
Favorite word: da-a-gah-gee! (doggie)
Favorite trick: clapping her hands when she knows she is doing something good or cute or when anybody says "Yeah!"
Favorite state of being: naked
Favorite food: watermelon, ice cream, soda or anything that mom and dad are eating
Least favorite time of day: diaper changes
Least favorite food: any baby food, especially vegetables
Least favorite person: the person who is holding her when mom walks away
Very first attempt at destruction-pulling books off the bookshelf. The books have since been replaced with Sadie's toys.
A funny face she likes to pull
Sadie and Ryan hiking in Puerto Rico
Sadie and her Grandma Johnson when they visited us in April
Sadie and Lisa at the pool in Puerto Rico
In Puerto Rico (that explains the lack of clothing)
Mid-clap (clapping hands)
After her bath. Her next move is to crawl away as fast as possible with her bum waggling in the wind.
A few days before she turned 10 months
Investigating the bathroom cupboards
"You can't stop me, dad!"
Swinging with dad at Balboa Park in San Diego in May
Hanging out with dad. Sadie likes to grab your hat if you are wearing one, but she doesn't like it when you put it on her.
Playing cards at the family cabin over the 4th of July
At the rodeo with dad on the 4th of July. If she can pull this good of a "I'm so bored" look at 11 months, I am a little scared what is going to look like when she is 13.
P.S. We are going to throw a big birthday bash for Sadie in August (probably August 8th so save the date!), but we can't decide what to do. I am a little nervous at the thought of having to entertain other people's kids. Any good ideas?
4 comments:
Hi Lisa and Ryan,
It's hard to believe that Sadie is 11 months old now. What fun things you wrote about and to think that Sadie is doing. We are excited to see her and you next week! Thanks for adding the wonderful pictures and giving us insight to her life now.
Love you all lots,
Mom J. :)
Hey! Sadie's not bored. She's checking out the cute boy across the aisle with the studdley cowboy boots!
Hugs and Kisses,
Grammy Brewster
I absolutely adore the high C in sacrament. She is so cute that it just blends right in the rest of the meeting. Congrats on your big girl. It seems like just last year you were the one miserable, ready, and walking to have that little one.
You aren't in Sunday school - but Brad and I can always count on her to start talking and for Ryan to say Shhh - only to her it means - do it louder! Its fabulous and I love it! She is such a doll!
Post a Comment