Monday, July 6, 2009

The Johnson Independence Day Weekend Celebration

This 4th of July weekend we got the chance to go on a Brewster Family Stay-cation!

We started our weekend early, on Thursday, so as to get as much adrenaline pumping through our veins as possible. We took our 4th of July party to the next level with a little H20 action at the good ole Jordenelle Reservoir. Ryan was looking to nail some knarley air with his sick wake boarding skills. And I, queen of the towable tube, was looking for some hardcore wake.

Sadly, the rain chased us off the lake before I got the chance to demonstrate my wicked talent. Bummer! And Sadie didn't get a chance to go on her very first boat ride, sad. Next time I guess.

We hid from the rain at my parents' cabin. We had lots of good food and fun games.

We packed Friday full of adventure. We caught an early matinee movie. Ryan took his good buddy, Cole, to see Transformers and I went with Deena and Kayden to see Up. I thought the movie was pretty cute but Ryan was disappointed with Transformers. (Shock! Ryan not liking an action movie...what is wrong in the world? Or, maybe he is finally realizing that a movie with only special effects and no plot isn't really that great.) :)

Next we became Olympic bobsledders, or as close as we could possibly get to being Olympic bobsledders. We rocketed down the Alpine Slide, racing on a fixed track of banked turns and exciting straight-aways. Dude, it was Awe.some. Ryan totally beat me.

Sadie paraded around Park City in a really cute patriotic outfit that her grandma Johnson sent her.

Saturday we celebrated the 4th of July at the Oakley Rodeo. It's a Brewster family tradition! The rodeo was a great chance to enjoy a little family togetherness. And togetherness it was! Crammed together on the bleachers we even got close to people who weren't our family. Kennedy's diaper malfunction didn't smell half as bad as the guy's armpits in front of me did. Despite the "country" smell, I thought it was really fun. If you really want to feel the blood pumping in your veins then I would suggest becoming a bare back bronc rider. Cowboy up! One of the riders got pinned between the fence and his bucking horse. However, that wasn't as crazy as the bull riders. One of them got kicked in the chest by his bull. Ouch!

Sadie's favorite part was the Rodeo queens. (Secretly, I think that was my brothers' favorite part too) :) Sadie watched intently as they rode by and waved back at them with both hands. She also really liked to clap along with everybody else when they clapped.

And, of course, it just wouldn't be a family vacation without a few board games.

We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning playing phase 10 and settlers. And, of course, it just wouldn't be a family vacation unless Kayden and Doug cried every time they lost a game. Ha Ha!

Happy 4th of July. We had lots of fun with the Brewsters, the Johnsons and the Van Ausdals. Hope you all had a good one!

2 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

It was a great weekend!!! I wish I was there to see Doug cry when he lost.. It would have been fun to see Kayden and Doug doing it together!! :-)

PS. Nice pic of Ryan wakeboarding.. (actually Mariah took it and sent them to me.. hee hee)

Bryant&Sandra said...

Hi Lisa and Ryan,
What a nice blog about your holiday. The pictures are priceless and I loved seeing Sadie in her new clothes we sent her. She always looks so pretty in pink. I look forward to seeing you on the next July holiday! It will be fun!
Love,
Mom J. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails