Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Honesty

I have an (almost) 3 year old residing in my house. This means that I get to hear a lot of really, really truthful things about me ("Mommy, you are getting bigger") and a lot of not so truthful things about Sadie (Me: Sadie, did you just color on the dog with a marker? Sadie: ...(no answer, just a guilty smile) ... but look Mommy, Malley has pretty colors all over him!)

As you can see in my last post, my stomach is quite large these days. Thus, my shirts are doing a less good job covering it. Especially because I still wear non-maternity t-shirts to sleep in. This morning I was wearing one such t-shirt and it got pulled up a little as I was getting Sadie out of the bath.  Before I could get a chance to pull my shirt back down over my pregnant self, Sadie looked up and pointed and with great amazement in her voice said, "Mommy! You have stripes on your tummy!! That's cool!!!"

Yes, Sadie. That is the truth. The very honest truth. I do have stripes on my overly stretched stomach. They were lovingly created by you and your little sister.

Armed with the truth I went to a maternity store and laid down a good amount of green for a little of this:
Awww. I just love a lot of pregnancy mixed up with a little honesty. :)

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Our three year olds should hang out. They are so fun (AHHHHH!! SAVE ME!!)

A Momma said...

Honest kiddos keep us real, yo!

Ashley said...

Oh dear. I don't think I'm looking forward to preschool honesty...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails