This past week has been particularly difficult, but has caused me to stop and count my blessings: Ryan has been insanely busy at work. In the past week or so it has not been uncommon for him to not get home until 9 or 10 at night and then be up the next day heading off to work by 6am as well as working all weekend.
Blessing: We are blessed that he has such a great job in such a bad economy.
Even though Ryan has been working so much, and I am sure he is stressed out and tired, he has been extra helpful when he is home, even getting up with Sadie in the night.
Blessing: I have been blessed with an awesome, unselfish husband.
I have learned that it is difficult enough to take care of Sadie all day and all night long by myself, but to make matters worse Sadie has contracted a mild case of RSV and she was generous enough to share her germs with me so now we are both sick.
Blessing: I have the best mom EVER who will drop all her plans at the drop of a hat and head over to my house to take care of her two sick girls.
Sadie started to get sick last Wednesday with a runny nose and fever, but she has generally been happy through the sickness. However, it took a turn for the worse on Sunday and she has been irritable and cranky. She obviously does not feel good.
Blessing: We are blessed that she hasn't gotten an ear infection on top of her cold. I have been paranoid that she would inherit my ear problems. But every time we go to the Dr. her ears look perfect!
So I guess my point is that all though I am ready for the craziness to end, I realize that it could be worse. I think we are going to survive.
3 comments:
You are lucky to have the best Mom!!!! Hope you all get feeling better.. Sick kids and Mom are no fun but it happens and somehow we keep dealing.. Part of being a Mom I guess... Who's idea was it anyways???
As much as it sucks, I'm glad that you're sick so I can return a much needed favor.....can I bring you dinner.....don't say no. I'll call you!
This was a nice positive post. Way too look at the brighter side of life! Yeah its no fun to be sick on top of having sick kids and/or husband... Moms are the greatest, my mom came over and helped when I had the flu a few weeks ago, it was a life saver! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment