Last Thursday Sadie turned 7 months old. As I was rocking her to sleep it suddenly donned on me that I no longer have an infant. Sadie is in full fledged babyhood. I have to admit that a few tears escaped. I will miss Sadie the newborn. I can't believe that she has gotten so big so quickly. On the other hand, I am so excited about the days to come. It just keeps getting funner and funner to hang out with her. So with that being said, here is Sadie's 7th month update:
Sadie turned 7 months old on March 5th. She weighs 14 pounds and is 25 inches long. Sadie is a ball of energy rearing to go at any moment! In the past month she has become quite the accomplished roller, rolling all the way across rooms. If I put her on a blanket and leave the room, I can almost always expect to find her rolled to the doorway by the time I come back. She is never content to just let us hold her. She sees what she wants (usually something she shouldn't play with, like the phone or the newspaper) and she flings herself, face first, in that direction. When she is sitting up on her own (she started doing this sometime around Christmas) and something is out of her reach, she rolls up on her knees like she wants to crawl there, but she doesn't quite have the arm strength yet so she ends up face planting it into the floor. No worries, she rolls right over and keeps on rolling until she gets what she wants. She will be crawling here in no time. (I am still not sure how I feel about that. I am sure though that I have no idea how much more work chasing her around will be).
When Sadie hit 6 months she started eating solid food on a regular basis. She started with bananas and applesauce and has since enjoyed peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, squash, peaches, pears and prunes. She is a great eater and has eaten everything we have given her...but she does pull some pretty funny faces when she tastes something new.
Here are some pics of her from about 5 months old until now:
Sadie got this jumper for Christmas and she loves it! She now will just start jumping whether she is in her jumper or not. We have to hold on tight while we hold her so she won't jump out of our arms.
Sadie finally has enough hair to do a little mini mohawk.
Ryan was trying to take Sadie's picture one night and she would just NOT stop moving, so he got a bunch like this. If you look at them all together really fast it looks like she is moving, like an animated cartoon. This is how much she moves all the time!
and Daddy's hobbies, too!
1 comment:
HA, HA, HA!!!!!! Told you soooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Mom:)
Post a Comment