Thursday, January 21, 2010

Going the Distance

My good friend Heidi is running a 1/2 marathon this coming Saturday. (GOOD LUCK HEIDI!!!) I was so impressed by her endeavours that I tagged along on her training run last weekend. I have never gone longer than 5.5 or 6 miles at one time, but she motivated me to finish all 10 miles with her. I think it made me crazy because 2 hours after I finished I went and played an indoor soccer game. Needless to say, my knees hurt so bad that night that I couldn't even walk. But I thought it was really, really fun. I got back on the horse today and did 5 miles by myself. Maybe the exercise endorphins are clouding my judgement, but I think this running thing is pretty fun. I might train to do my own half marathon this spring. Who wants to join me? (Please, please, please!) I really, really need a running partner!!

On a different note, Ryan has started his own blog. Check it out at http://walkthedogrockout.blogspot.com/

Peace.

3 comments:

Todd and Heidi said...

Hey thanks Lisa. I hope I survive. I am totally bummed cause it is going to be bad weather down there. I hope I can run in snowy/rainy conditions. You did AWESOME on Saturday. Both me and Lindsay were so impressed that you went the whole way. The way you are training you could do a full marathon in a month or so:) Keep it up and who knows maybe I will want to continue and do another in the spring. Have a great weekend!

Ryan and OMalley said...

Just say it: "My husband is a slacker who refuses to run any distance longer than from the car to the Red Box and back. My dog isn't much better either." :)

Laura said...

So. I just got myself into another Ragnar relay in LA at the end of April. Translated: I AM IN DIRE NEED OF RUNNING BUDDIES. Mostly for my long runs on Saturdays. I would totally be up for a few.

Also I want to hear more about this diet thing you are doing.

Also your bday post was dang cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails