Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Birthday Bash

Well, it was my birthday last Saturday. I turned the ripe old age of 27. Honestly, I was expecting the jump in digits to be somewhat traumatizing (after all, I never actually admitted to being 26, only 25 again) but it wasn't bad at all. Really anticlimactic. My theory: When filling out paperwork, surveys, etc. you must mark an age group 18-24 or 25, 26-30, so on and so forth. Last year I jumped a WHOLE age bracket. This year I am just still late 20's. Nothing to freak out about until I hit the big 3-0. Whoo, scary. I don't really want to think about that.

Anyhoo, my parents gave us a super awesome present for Christmas: Reservations at Johnson's Mill on my birthday and taking Sadie for the night for us. Fabulous!!!!

Ryan and I had lots of fun. It was sooooo nice just to be able to enjoy each other and not worry about if a diaper needed to be changed or when a bath needed to be given or if anybody was hungry.

Ryan standing at the entrance to Johnson's Mill. It was totally blizzarding the night we got there. Very romantical.

After dinner we decided it would be super fun to play in the snow. The snow was thigh-high in places and accumulating quickly. We threw some snowballs, almost got eaten by a coyote, sat on a fence and talked and then built a snowman. Somewhere between the coyote and the snowman I realized that I was soaking wet, freezing and having a blast with my very best friend. I got lucky when Ryan decided he wanted to marry me. but, I ramble... back to the pics.


On Saturday we went to Soldier Hollow and went tubing. This is me chillin' on my tube as we ride the lift up the hill.

Overall, If I had to have a birthday, I couldn't have imagined a more fun day.

1 comment:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Looks like you guys had a riot!!! Looks very cold. I imagine ours won't be so white but more on the green and sunny side?? Glad you had fun.. How did Sadie do?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails